PMFAI raises awareness among farmers through training program on “Safe and responsible use of pesticides in Agriculture”
- Pesticide Manufacturers and Formulators Association of India (PMFAI) in association with Anand Agriculture University, Anand (Gujarat) and Farinsys Research conducted farmers training program on “Safe and responsible use of pesticides in Agriculture”.
- Safety kits (PPE) were also given to all the attending farmers during the training program.
05 September, Anand, Pesticides are helping Indian farmers to produce more and ensures bountiful harvest for India. This keeps the food affordable. Therefore, training program aimed at imparting knowledge on correct usage of pesticides for their Safe and Responsible usage.
The training program was inaugurated by Dr. Arun Patel, Director, Extension Education Institute, Anand Agriculture University, Anand, Gujarat and attended by progressive farmers of the region. These farmers will further train 10 farmers of their village.
The “Safe & Responsible use of Pesticide” training was led by Dr. Sandeep Singh, Principal Scientist, Farinsys research. When addressing the farmers Dr. Singh Said “PMFAI has a long history of creating awareness among Indian farmers about the safe, responsible and sustainable use of pesticides.”
Following were the main focus area of training:
- Importance of Label instructions
- Selecting the correct nozzle
- Do’s and Don’t during pesticide spraying
- Cleaning of spraying equipment
- Importance of PPE and correct way of wearing it
- Pesticides should be adopted under IPM
- Safe disposal of containers etc
More than hundred farmers attended the training program. One set of free PPE kit was given to each farmers for their usage to promote PPE.